How to do a plank and side plank
The basic plank is simple:
1. Assume a modified push-up position with your elbows bent 90 degrees and both forearms resting on the floor.
2. Position your elbows directly underneath your shoulders and look straight toward the floor.
3. Your body should form a perfectly straight line from the crown of your head to your heels. Your feet are together with only the toes touching the floor.
To do a side plank:
1. Start on your side with your feet together and one forearm directly below your shoulder.
2. Contract your core and raise your hips until your body is in a straight line from head to feet.
3. Hold the position without letting your hips drop for the allotted time for each set, then repeat on the other side.